Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Crashing when "display all layers"

Tom Krowka
Booster
Anyone else having this problem? Am using V10. Consistently crashing one .pln drawing when "display all layers". Have an xref in it, also profiles that I created with Cadimage tool 3D Profiler. (Can't get those profiles into the current drawing until they update their tools)

Also created a door in this drawing that I used the "shell" basic shape (special construction) from the object library in V9. Upon updating the drawings, I get error message that says it can't find the "shell V9). It would seem that V10 could find the V10 version of the V9 shell shape.

Major bummer.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
Anyone else having this problem? Am using V10. Consistently crashing one .pln drawing when "display all layers". Have an xref in it, also profiles that I created with Cadimage tool 3D Profiler. (Can't get those profiles into the current drawing until they update their tools)

Also created a door in this drawing that I used the "shell" basic shape (special construction) from the object library in V9. Upon updating the drawings, I get error message that says it can't find the "shell V9). It would seem that V10 could find the V10 version of the V9 shell shape.

Major bummer.
You have, of course, sent the Bug Reports, and notified your reseller and CADImage?

As for the shell - did you check whether it is in the loaded libraries?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Tom Krowka
Booster
Sent out the bug reports, (six or seven), checked CadImage website which inidicates updates forthcoming/

I would assume if library 10 is loaded, so would the shell object. The shell object was in a door that I created and saved as a door object.
Worked fine in AC9.

Have not checked with the reseller. I usually can get a quicker solution on the forum.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com