cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Create a texture to change the color of a slab

farmer
Newcomer

Hello. I am using Jared Shoegnome's work environment. I would like to change the color of decking for a front porch. I used a slab and applied skin called 1 1/2" decking. The decking is brown and I would like it to be white. When I go to building materials I see the structure and appearance of the "decking" is a skin (surface) called decking. When I go to surfaces the "decking" uses the basic engine and under texture, an image. I thought I could duplicate and replace the image with a white one to get white. Where would I get an image of decking?

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 7.11.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 7.12.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 7.12.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 7.11.54 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

    

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

The surface colour is what you will see in the 3D window with the 'Basic' engine.

The texture image is what you will see in the 3D window with the 'Hardware accelerated engine or 'Vectorial' engine as it used to be called and also when you do renders.

The images you can edit in any image editing program such as Photoshop, if you are handy with that.

Or you can search the web for texture sites - some are free and some are not (search this forum for 'texture source' and you will see a few posts with links).

You may also need to adjust the size of the image in the surface settings so that it scales to the size of the decking you want to represent.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author