Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall Tool-The Details

rgarand
Booster
Hello all,

I have managed to work out a simple storefront entryway with the curtain wall tool, although it would of been quicker to build it with slabs/walls...anyway.

See the attached image showing some small gaps left behind. I deleted a vertical frame near the top of the door, the frame stops half way down from where is should be. I tried to vertically stretch this so that it aligns with the horiz. frame piece but was unsuccessful. Any thoughts on how to make this look right.

Also the door sill has a similar problem. When I changed the panel to a door the bottom frame stayed...I tried to delete this piece of frame and it would not disappear. I chose to make it invisible, but now I have the problem you can see in the image.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

CWall1.jpg
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
14 REPLIES 14
Erika Epstein
Booster
With just the SCHEME showing, adjust the boundary frame graphically to reflect height and width of actual curtain wall
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika,
But I couldn't make it.. with the scheme edit in 3d i just changed the size of the panel... I need to reduce the height of the whole curtain without changing the panels to fit on the space that I already have...

Thanks 😃
Erika Epstein
Booster
The scheme defines the repeat pattern of the curtain wall.
The boundary line is most easily seen, and therefore editable, when only the scheme is set to be visible. It can be edited like any other polygon such as a fill, slab, roof etc. You adjust the edges when you see a mercedes shaped cursor.

If you want to set a specific height other than what you originally set when first creating the CW, then define a local origin alt/opt+shift from which when you adjust a boundary frame you can then enter the precise height.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
ohhh now I see...
sorry...
in my case I have a few curtain walls so I have to edit each separately...
But it worked
Thanks a lot -)
Erika Epstein
Booster
Your welcome.
And please add your name (M. Fabricfo?) OS and Archicad version to your signature.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System