Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom window not appearing in 3D/Section views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have created a custom window using the directions found on an archiwiki link to fit within a catenary arch i developed.

I created the glazing using slabs, the frame using walls and then placed an additional slab of the same shape on top of these objects, changing the ID to 'WALLHOLE'. I switched to the top parallel view in the 3D window and saved the objects as a window. The option button was not available, where you can tick the 'editable GDL script' box (incidentally this option has never been available when I have created a custom opening but hasn't been a problem so far).

Going back into plan, the window is applied no problem and is visible. However when switching to 3D or section views, it is neither visible nor selectable.

I tried using a different window with a plain frame and no mullions which i had created a week or so ago and that does appear in 3D but only the glazing is visible. Hopefully the pictures can explain. There are 3 similar types of these windows and the simple one is on the right.

Can someone tell me where i'm going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
3d view...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it not possible to attach more than one image per post?
Plan view anyway...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone? I'm in a bit of a fix here!
Vitruvius
Contributor
Try a couple of things:

1. "COMMAND-T" to open the symbol and see if it shows up in the 3D preview
2. Open the symbol and see if it shows up in the symbols 3D window

If those are OK

3. See if it's being excluded by the renovation filter - or -
4. DOCUMENT > PARTIAL STRUCTURE DISPLAY

It's frustrating but there will be a logical reason somewhere!!

Good luck.

PS - Edit your signature so your software / hardware details appear. It helps...
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cameron,

thanks you for your reply. Everything you suggested was in order but I just found out what the problem was!

When I moved the arch, which is a custom profile beam, away from the opening, the window reappeared. This made me realise that I previously used Solid Element Operations to subtract with a downward extrusion an opening in the wall below the arch (probably the wrong way since I've learnt how to create custom openings) so I cancelled the operation and the window appears correctly in all views!

Thank you anyway, my signature has been updated as requested!
Screen shot 2013-05-12 at 10.57.23.jpg