Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Expanding a "dialogue box" in Archicad16 - Windows7 PC

rob2218
Enthusiast
what am I asking here you may be thinking.
well...let me see if I can explain verbally and graphically (see attached for a graphic explanation).

when I open up a dialogue box in a PC machine with Windows7 using Archicad16....I can't seem to "expand the dialogue box edges" as I used to do in other version of Archicad and Windows...what gives?

Has Graphisoft "locked" or removed the functionality of allowing users to expand the dialogue box either horizontally/vertically or at the corners? Basically I want to stretch (like we used to do) the dialogue box so I can see more of the folder structures, the dialogue interface...etc...why can't I do this?

Please advise.

WINDOWS-ARCHICAD-DIALOGUEBOX-EXPANSION.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,

The window you are showing is not part of those that are expandable, in Ac16 or on any earlier version.
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
rob2218
Enthusiast
I noticed that on the net....there is a (ahem) downloadable EXE (God only knows what other things it adds to your PC) that allows a user to move the windows edges......and make it expandable and adjustable....but I'm leery of using this file due to, well, we all know....the "added" lovely VD features it may bring.....

darn...really thought that these windows could be adjusted bumski...
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
I wish all the windows could be expanded.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

rocorona
Booster
Steve wrote:
I wish all the windows could be expanded.

But, if there is nothing else to show, you will end with empty spaces on the sides.
Then, in that situation, if the window is resizable, you can only use this to HIDE something...
Or are you asking for a resize-zooming-in feature? ... becoming old I can seconde this

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10