cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cut Fill Background Color Issues in Section

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the picture I'm pointing out some objects whose background color is white. I want those objects to be the same cut fill color as the composite w/fill.

The composite w/fill is colored that way because I used a solid colored fill as the skin pattern for that composite. I used a concrete fill for the poured wall and the slabs but I cannot get the background color to change in section. The cut color changes in plan view but not section.

Can someone please please please give me a clue how to change those object's background fill color. I've been going over this for three hours now and this has become a real issue for me.

Fill Issues.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
You just need to change the cut surface settings for the walls and slabs.
In particular the background pen setting.
But if these walls and slabs are composites then you need to turn of the switch to "Apply Structre's Settings" first.
Barry.
cut_surfaces.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the answer. However if you look in my attached pic you'll see it's not affecting me. Even tho the settings show the background color change it's still not showing in section.

Any other ideas?
Fill Issues2.JPG
Barry Kelly
Is it anything to do with the renovation filters and their over-ride settings?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I solved it.

I created an empty new template and copy-pasted everything over thinking it might be a corrupt project. When I did that, it revealed some sections had the Uniform Pen for Cut Elements option turned on but in the project copied from it shows the option not set and changing the option fails to affect any change. I was thinking it was some kind of universal option override by the way it behaved and this was it.

Anyways, I think it was the project because I had another issue recently that involved weirdness in the options. Last night I spent a ton of hours converting the new project over to my template so I'm at least hoping that's what it was.

Thanks for your help.