cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cuting object in floor view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a small problem. I've made a object witch is cut by the terrain. But when I view it in top view (floor view 4th story) I see both the roof and the terrain, the part of the roof witch is below terrain level is also visible.
Is there any way to only show whats visible from a top view? I do not want to see the part of the roof witch is below terrain level.
The roof is in 4th story, and the terrain in 1st story (and visible on all stories).
See the attached image to see an illustration of what I mean. The red line in the floor view shows where the roof should be cut when shown in top view.

Regards,
KyrreS
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Cheezy answer =

1. Shoot a TOP VIEW in the 3d window and create Fills and lines to HIDE the offending part...

Cheezier answer =

2. Wait for ArchiCAD 15 when the SEO's will show in plan (I am only guessing, of course, at the timetable of GS!)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
Cheezy answer =

1. Shoot a TOP VIEW in the 3d window and create Fills and lines to HIDE the offending part...
I guess what Duane wanted to say " in details " :

is to switch to top view in 3D , switch to Internal Engine ( instead of open GL ) , select Hidden lines method , then using Marquee tool , draw a marquee area then Copy , back to the floor plan , paste . then use it as a reference to hide this method was explained many times here in the forum .

and yes i think AC 15 would be the right time ..in 2020.