Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Deleted Views!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had trouble with view deleting by themselves. This has happened to me several times in teamwork where after sending and receiving views saved from section windows suddenly disappear? It seems to happen more times than not when i do a send and receive in quick succession (ie only a slight modification).

I have to revert back to a backup copy to get the view back as views cannot be transferred between files. Very annoying not to mention the time lost.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
Has anyone had trouble with view deleting by themselves. This has happened to me several times in teamwork
I know there use to be issues with saving new views in teamwork and having to be logged in as team leader. I have not been using teamwork much, but perhaps that is the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to Share the ViewSet in Teamwork. So, once you have created a ViewSet be sure to go to the ViewSet editor menu and choose Share New ViewSet.

You do not have to be logged on as Administrator or Team Leader to do this.

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you haven't, you might also remember to define any new views and then hard save the file to assure that the views are saved - and then make sure the navigator has the view in the correct location for your plan. I am always forgetting to review and sort the views to make sense for the next time I need to find them - thinking that the view is not saved - even tho it is.

Lew Bishop
P4 2.8/768/nVidia 5600 XP Home
AC9US
Anonymous
Not applicable
The views are actually ones that have been present for some time. Maybe they were made 7 days ago, and then suddenly ALL the section views dissapear, I have about 50 in the current file!