Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Design Options and HLM's

4dProof
Advisor

Can anyone confirm or clarify a workflow for using Design Options and Hotlink Modules? Do they not translate through in the .mod?

We have building option 1 and option 2 in a source file, placing them into a site model in a host file. They are all set in the source file, but even when the design options are matched in the host file, the modules do not show up in plan or 3d.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Botonis
Advisor

We had a discussion about D.O. and hotlinks here.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Hotlinks-and-Design-Options-possible-problem/m-...

Since the D.O. intergration I prepare the hotlink models inside the host file that they will be imported.

I have a D.O. in order to turn them off called for example "hotlink".

That way they are exported with the D.O. that the host file has so I am making the settings accordingly.

It is easy.

Greetings.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When you save the .mod file out of Archicad it should give you the option to save either the active design option combination or all design option combinations. I believe it needs to be a combination and not just the individual design options. 

You can then place multiple instances of the module and select a different design option from the settings of the modules. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Solution
Botonis
Advisor

We had a discussion about D.O. and hotlinks here.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Hotlinks-and-Design-Options-possible-problem/m-...

Since the D.O. intergration I prepare the hotlink models inside the host file that they will be imported.

I have a D.O. in order to turn them off called for example "hotlink".

That way they are exported with the D.O. that the host file has so I am making the settings accordingly.

It is easy.

Greetings.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.