Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Detail in elevation referencing another elevation view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to place the detail tool on an elevation to reference another elevation view (enlarged elevation)
But in the detail settings when I check the Refer to Drawing and browse I can’t see any drawings!
What am I missing here?
I am basically trying to use the detail tool as a simple marker to reference another Section Elevation view instead of just another detail window. (Which I guess is what it is meant to do)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately the detail tool cannot reference a section (or elevation). You will have to make the reference manually. I believe there are plans to improve this. I gather it was not possible to fit into version 10.

On rereading your post...

If you want to enlarge part of the section, you can create this as a detail from the section window. Use the detail tool to create the source view. The original will then be referenced automatically and you can place other references to similar conditions by linking other markers to that view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now if I understood you correctly you mean creating a detail then placing the resulting detail view on the same sheet as the enlarged elevations I want to reference (hidden somewhere), so that the detail marker would reference the correct sheet.

And just to clarify things again what I am trying to do is to have small scale overall elevations and then referencing a portion that will have enlarged elevations (which is basically the same elevation using a different view to show more layers)
Anonymous
Not applicable
The approach depends on whether you want to draw the enlarged elevations in a section window or create it directly with a detail. In the latter case you derive the source view of the drawing from the small scale section with a live detail marker. In the former case you can use the detail as a "dummy" reference placed in the same layout as the section (as you describe).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the clarification Matthew,
So I guess the next question is whether I should post a wish for this.
That is for the details to be able to be linked to any drawing / view so that the detail tool could be used as a mere marker tool, or does this encourage poor practice whereby views are artificially linked to a marker even though the view is not generated by it?