Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Difference between version 9 and 10?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

What is the difference between archicad version 9 and 10? Anyone any idea?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The sequence in rendering is not visible.
The sequences of circle for magic tool are in this example 48, but it can be parted more.
kkj.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what is the best price to purchase AC10 now? I wonder if AC11 will be coming out soon?

I remembered coming across one post in this forum about the subscription yearly with Graphisoft. It stated that if we pay the one time subscription of 6 hundred plus for the whole year, we can get free upgrade from Graphisoft throughout the period until our subscription expired. Does anyone know if Graphisoft still provide this subscription thing and may I know what are the advantages and disadvantages with this subscription? Is it cheaper and adviseable to purchase the new software instead of subscribing with their yearly service? I believe the subscription should be for those existing users on AC. What I'm referring to is assuming if I purchased AC10 and some where in the near future AC11 is out, so is it adviseable to have subscribed with Graphisoft at the point of purchase of AC10 for the yearly subscription with their free upgrades or is it adviseable to purchase another new unit of AC11 upgrade?

By the way guys, is AC10 software available in every countries or only to certain countries? Where can I locate the countries available for the purchase?
David Collins
Advocate
Dwight wrote:
-- Wacky navigation still makes me mad.
I agree that grabbing the model and pushing and pulling is an irritating and counter-intuitive way to move around in 3d. Oddly, the old navigation system, which is still there for the asking, also now seems slow and clunky to me.

These days I usually go directly into Doom fly-around mode, which seems like most natural way to move around a virtual building. The ability to control the speed on the fly is a huge asset. Like flying in Google Earth, you get a tremendous sense of how things are connected navigating through space like this. The model feels more like a real building, rather than some Lego toy you're trying to manipulate while holding it with your feet.

Other unsung heroes of 10:
- Dial M for Measuring tool, as a quick, quiet and sensible alternative to the irritating Tracker.
- New Profile Manager, floor plan view plane and 2d display options for walls, all combine to make it possible to properly show parapet walls in plan and section for the first time.. ever!
- Items light up when selected. Really nice, easily taken for granted.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
David wrote:
Items light up when selected. Really nice, easily taken for granted.
Yes! Even tho it irritated me at first, I now wonder how I ever got along without it -- LJY
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Djordje
Ace
Ray,
ray wrote:
Does anyone know what is the best price to purchase AC10 now? I wonder if AC11 will be coming out soon?
It would be best that you talk to your nearest reseller. Start from http://www.graphisoft.com/products/where_to_buy/

You will definitely find one.

They will know about subscription etc.

One of the cheapest ways to own and Archicad license is to buy a used one (eBay or ads here) and upgrade it to current. In some countries, there is also a nominal license transfer fee.

All the best and good luck!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen