Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Dimension to rough openings

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is there a way to dimension to the rough door and window openings masonry buildings. I'm dimensioning manually, but would like the opening to dimension based on the extra horizontal rough opening horizontally. Or is there a different way to do this.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Tom Krowka
Booster
Tried the automatic dims, works OK except it dimensions to the width of the window plus brick mold, not the rough opening.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
SeaGeoff
Ace
This is usually dependant on the door & window parts. Some, like newer Graphisoft objects, have the capability to display the shim space so allow for both unit dimensions and rough openings. Cadimage Door Window Builder does not currently offer this AFAIK.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are using AC 10 library parts, be sure that the "show all hotspots" is checked, then you can dimension to the rough opening that you specify for the part.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Where is "show all hotspots" Can't seem to locate it. Is it in the window/door dialogue box, or the work envirinment somewhere.
Thanks in advance, sounds like the solution.....
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look in the custom settings (under the standard parameter list). There is a pop-up for the different panes. Go to the one called 2D or plan view (or something like that). The hotspot bit is a check box there.