cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing 3D document

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can create 3D documents just fine, but after I close my file, and open it again later on, the 3D document is still showing in the "tree" but everything is missing except for the note tags I had added.

Is there any explanation for this?

I use AC14.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Contributor
Check your layers...
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
Check your layers...
Aaaah.... if only it was that easy. Tried it. That's not the issue. I wonder if I've discovered a new glitch! There have been no replies aside from yours.... thanks for the advice though.
Erich
Contributor
Are the 3D views based on a placed camera? If so, did the camera get deleted?

Do you have element filters set?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Lindsay,
I recreated the problem in one of your files. I think it has to do with using custom profiles in 3D documents as I was left with only 2D annotation including labels and dimensions, but no 3D elements. One of your CP wall, Railing w/Cap, seems to be the culprit, but there may be others.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
sinceV6
Advocate
I have seen this happen too, and agree with Erika that it may be custom profile related. I've also seen custom profiles' 3D representation changed (i.e. my profile is a circle, the 3D rep shows a lot bigger rectangle).

What I did was check/edit all the custom profiles, clicking OK even if there were no changes. This brought back the correct 3d display of CPs.

My guess is that like with library parts that have some wrong parameter/geometry, AC stops the 3D generation; so you're left with only any 2D info you've added to the 3D document.
Erika Epstein
Booster
As a follow up, there was an arched hole opening in the CP wall, done with another custom profile. When I broke the wall into two parts, the lower foundation wall below the porch floor and the railing wall with opening above the deck floor, it solved the problem. Although, with CP walls...ya never know.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"