Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display Order problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a table top (slab) and chairs. On the plans, I want the table to be covering part of the chairs. Changing the display order of the objects is not doing anything. The chairs still show through the table. Any help?

I am really starting to miss the assigned shortcut F5-F6 for the Change Display order right now... Everytime i have to go into the menus and my eyes hurt
8 REPLIES 8
You need to assign a fill/background fill to the slab (table) to mask the chairs below -- typically white or pen -1 (Window Background).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
That doesn't seem to work assuming you meant to modify slab settings. I manually used the Fill tool to create a blank fill and mask the chairs. However, I don't see why the Display Order tool isnt affecting the objects. Obviously a slab should be covered up by a chair but I would assume that modifying the display orders should mean that any one could be on top... Don't know. At this point I just accept the weirdness of computer programs
Anonymous
Not applicable
if you are using 9 check display settings, fill background color, and be sure by element settings is picked.

in 10, go to document, set model view, model view options, options for fills and zones, and be sure fill background is set to by element settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The options there are unchanged and are as suggested. So weird problem then. Fill tool took care of it for now. Till next time then thanks for your quick response
konnos wrote:
That doesn't seem to work assuming you meant to modify slab settings. I manually used the Fill tool to create a blank fill and mask the chairs. However, I don't see why the Display Order tool isnt affecting the objects. Obviously a slab should be covered up by a chair but I would assume that modifying the display orders should mean that any one could be on top... Don't know. At this point I just accept the weirdness of computer programs
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to mask the chairs with the slab. What are your slab settings (regarding cover fills)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I havent changed anything (that I rmemeber of...). They re the default settings. The cover fills checkbox is unchecked. Even if i check it, shows the fill but the chairs are still on top. Mind you that it hasnt happened in any other project so there must be a setting wrong somewhere. In the current projects slabs just can't get on top of other objects. I ve tried between various objects and Display Order works. With slabs it doesn't.
konnos wrote:
I havent changed anything (that I rmemeber of...). They re the default settings. The cover fills checkbox is unchecked. Even if i check it, shows the fill but the chairs are still on top. Mind you that it hasnt happened in any other project so there must be a setting wrong somewhere. In the current projects slabs just can't get on top of other objects. I ve tried between various objects and Display Order works. With slabs it doesn't.
Your slabs will be transparent unless assigned a cover fill (the box must be checked). Typically, I assign Pen -1 to the background fill (see attached). The chairs at the top of the table have a display order above the slab -- the others are below.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh it works now Thank you very much for persisting on the problem. I did the same thing yesterday but I didn't realize something. I had to FIRSTenable the Cover Fill and THEN change the display order. Cause when the slab has no cover fill its display order will not change at all. So that was my mistake. Thanks again