Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display dimension vs Graphic rep.

Anonymous
Not applicable
To All,
When I am drafting on plan I have a displayed dimension (info box) that does not concur with the displayed dimension on the section/elevation drawing. (info box)
I tried to draw a line (Sec/Elev. window) typing the dimension inside the info box and the difference between the end wall and the line is always a fraction off.
So, visually the line is off from the wall drew on plan.

Please help. Is this a program bug?

best regards,

DR
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you are referring to the coordinate box, then this is only as accurate as your working units as set in your preferences. Try changing them to the nearest whole unit and see what happens. The coordinate box can and should be used for measuring a drawn element, but it should not be used for drawing/modeling those elements.

What I mean is that you shouldn't draw, say, a line and watch the coordinate box, wait for it to fall upon your desired length, and then click. You need to specify exact lengths as you draw. Do this by hitting the X,Y,R,A keys then typing the exact lengths and hitting enter. Then they will be exact, not just rounded to the accuracy of your closest working unit.

Cheers,
Link.