Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doest Teamwork work better in 11?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear ArchiCAD mates!

I work for a reasonably large practice where we still use ArchiCAD 10.
We are experiencing problems while using Teamwork.

It tends to be very slow particularly when we are using layouts and this is the reason why we tend to separate the layouts into a separate file. Printing from teamwork projects also tends to be much slower than from solo projects. Again, here we experienced that it’s faster to save a solo project then open it and do the printing from there rather than waiting for stuff to be printed from Teamwork. Also sending and receiving changes, hotlinking and similar are sometimes really depressingly slow.

Basically, my question is does the Teamwork work better in 11?
Is it worth switching to 11 not in terms of new features but purely in terms of effortless workflow in Teamwork?

Any other comments and suggestions welcome as well.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
...I assume from the lack of responses that Temwork does not perfom any better in 11...
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mate, it depends how is your TW file structured..
1. do you have external dwg linked or x-refed?
2. do you use hotlinks or modules?
3. how big is your file?
4. server / network status?

The major slowdown could be caused by messy hotlinks (especially consultant dwgs with a lot of 2D rubbish in them). Personally I try to avoid hotlinks and any repetitive structures are addressed by publishing to modules. Also, try to keep the number of attributes as low as possible (typical example is having zillions of materials that have not ever been used). I use built-in markers / drawing titles in AC11 (quite consolidated) so the internal interpreter does not have to go through customised lib parts (in case you have a lot of details with referenced markers).

So after all try to make everything as simple as you can and personally I would recommend AC11 TW over AC10. as I know AC 11 has a better hotlinking routines and TW is behaving slightly faster (at least for me).
::rk
TomWaltz
Participant
Akos wrote:
...I assume from the lack of responses that Temwork does not perfom any better in 11...
Teamwork is no different from AC10 to AC11, but the problems you describe probably don't really have any relationship to Teamwork. Even with some really massive projects we have, PLNs and PLPs don't perform any differently.

In fact, we found that the act of separating the layouts into a separate file slowed down the process because it took Archicad the extra effort of opening additional sessions.
Tom Waltz