cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing on the face of exterior walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a plan that I am using to learn from and the exterior walls have multiple offsets around the windows. I am attaching a picture of what I am talking about. Is there an easy way to do this? I am using Archicad 15 and just do not know how to create these offsets.

007D-0002-front-rend-8.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
YEESSSS!!!! Wendy you are my HERO! After changing the Azimuth it allowed me to put the settings just as you said and now I can insert it correctly. I have tried to find out how to do this for so long. I cannot thank you enough for your help. I have printed out the pictures so I can keep that information. I really do try to figure things out on my own but this one was really kicking my behind.

I will now go to work and see if I can pull it all together. When I am finished I will respond with a pic. I might send you another question but for this I am so grateful.

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, Im happy to help!!!
Please, do not hesitate to ask anything!
I searched the other Complex wall thing that a collegue refered to and now I learnt sth too!!! So, as I say to my classes, "From your questions, I learn too"!!!
Greetings from snowy Greece!

P.S. My mistake that u couldnt do it, I totally forgot to mention the azimuth thing...
JaredBanks
Mentor
Definitely check out the complex profile solution. It's great and easy. And important to have in your bag of tricks.

This could also be handled with the Shell tool, FYI.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
JaredBanks wrote:
Definitely check out the complex profile solution. It's great and easy. And important to have in your bag of tricks.

This could also be handled with the Shell tool, FYI.
Shell tool ??? I ve just started reading... Ill surely come back with questions !!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to give an update of where I am at. Thanks to you folks I have been able to create the areas I needed around the windows and make the covered porch area and some columns. Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
fulmert wrote:
Just wanted to give an update of where I am at. Thanks to you folks I have been able to create the areas I needed around the windows and make the covered porch area and some columns. Thanks again.
going to talk about Trim to Roof but your post editing is quicker than my new post ! Looks like you can do it yourself!

Cheers,