Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Edit multiple text labels

julienK
Advocate
Hi,

Up until AC20 it was possible to select multiple labels and edit the text of those labels by changing it in the label settings

With archicad 21 it is not possible to edit the text of the label in its settings window.

I can't use the find and replace tool because the labels I want to modify have different initial values.

How can I manage to edit the text of the labels inside the settings window ?

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently had a similar situation and was surprised that I couldn't change multiple label texts in the properties. The difference being that my labels all had the same text to begin with but obviously that wouldn't have helped. So in your case, labels having different text, you would have to select all labels individually. Well if I have to click on each label to select it then I figured I might as well place one label with the correct text, inherit it's properties and then ctrl+alt click the others. No more time consuming than selecting them all in the first place, Just requires holding down one more key. Just need to make sure that "Label text content" is checked in the "Element transfer settings"

Strangely enough though, you can select a dimension strand, multiple dimension strands and/or several texts of dimension strands, double click the text tool and change the text of all of them in one foul swoop. It would be nice if we could do that with both the label tool and the text tool. I hope that if I'm missing something that someone sets me straight.
Tim Ball
Expert
Set your text up in properties and use auto text. You only need t change it once and all notes update
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5