Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Editing story settings without affecting geometry?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way to move the lower three stories down without changing the geometry attached to those stories? I went through and just edited the geometry before I realized I could just change the story settings, but now when I do it moves everything down with it...

31 SECTION _ Autorebuild Model.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried turning on all the layers, setting the storey heights to the correct dimensions, then selecting all on each storey (on plan) and elevating it to the correct level (ctrl 9). You can use minus as well as positive figures.

Make a note of the actual distance you have to change each storey beforehand, to make sure you elevate the walls etc correctly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Have you tried turning on all the layers, setting the storey heights to the correct dimensions, then selecting all on each storey (on plan) and elevating it to the correct level (ctrl 9). You can use minus as well as positive figures.

Make a note of the actual distance you have to change each storey beforehand, to make sure you elevate the walls etc correctly.
Thats basically waht I already did, minus the story settings. Everything is already set to the correct height location, I just need to change the story level "line" so that it will read accurately on plans, sections, and elevations. All the geometry is set where it needs to be with regard to the overall model, but the story levels are off.