Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Element ID excluded by default in favorite preferences...

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Why is the default setting to exlude ID for all elements in the favorite preferences?
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Why is the default setting to exlude ID for all elements in the favorite preferences?
Probably because element ID varies wildly among different instances, depending on what you are using it for.

Doors, for example, might all be the same door but have IDs like 101A. 102A, 105B, etc.

Windows might be labeled TYPE A, TYPE B, TYPE C, etc.

I think it was probably a 50/50 split and they erred on the "safe" side. I do like that you can make ID part of some favorites and not others (even though I'm not a big favorites user)
Tom Waltz
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
TomWaltz wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Probably because element ID varies wildly among different instances, depending on what you are using it for.

Doors, for example, might all be the same door but have IDs like 101A. 102A, 105B, etc.

Windows might be labeled TYPE A, TYPE B, TYPE C, etc.

I think it was probably a 50/50 split and they erred on the "safe" side. I do like that you can make ID part of some favorites and not others (even though I'm not a big favorites user)
Thanks guru,
Well I'm happy anyways. A Swedish builder makes quantity take offs and they want the model from the Architect to be structured by ID...kin dof use thes IDs for these elements and then the builder can match the IDs with his other software to get some cost estimations.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.