Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Empty Wall Openings Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been using empty wall openings on my project but at the moment of generating door Schedules the empty openings count as if they were a door ....the same applies to windows....

I could have use solids operations to create the opening but it would take to much time...

Does anyone out there knows how to unlink an empty opening from the door and window schedule ?????

Thank You guys!!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Stress Co_
Advisor
Try this:

Name the door which you DONT want in the schedule "empty door". Then set the Schedule settings> General> Criteria ....like this:

I hope that works.

Marc
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW!!! it really worked but now how can I get rid of the ID marker so it doesn't count on the ID list besides selecting the option NO MARKER on the door settings

Thank You
Stress Co_
Advisor
pnguillen wrote:
WOW!!! it really worked but now how can I get rid of the ID marker so it doesn't count on the ID list besides selecting the option NO MARKER on the door settings

Thank You

Oh, man .... I did this a while ago and can't remember exactly what I did-how I did it, but.......if you look at the line below "empty door" (in my earlier post) you'll see Criteria "element ID". I think I gave all the doors I didn't want in the schedule "NIS" (not in schedule) to get rid of them ....and I said "I think".

I'd love to hear if there is an easier way....?

Marc
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
Oh, man .... I did this a while ago and can't remember exactly what I did-how I did it, but.......if you look at the line below "empty door" (in my earlier post) you'll see Criteria "element ID". I think I gave all the doors I didn't want in the schedule "NIS" (not in schedule) to get rid of them ....and I said "I think".

I'd love to hear if there is an easier way....?

Marc
I simply set the ID field to be blank and then have the schedule set to omit items with no ID. (I don't have a schedule to look at on this machinne, but I believe you add element ID in the schedule settings and set it to <> and then leave the field blank.)