Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Enlarged Floor plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just curious...how do you handle enlarged(blow-ups) floor plans...do you use detail marker or just a simple bubble and track down the call numbers back and forth from archicad/plotmaker
14 REPLIES 14
Djordje
Ace
Mike wrote:
If we had an option in the detail tool that simply clipped a live plan view it would solve this issue. Perhaps in version 10 we will get that and some of the other needed items of the detail tool (details within details).
While I agree fully that the above should be possible, what is wrong with using the larger scale views, that crop the view to the ArchiCAD zoom when saved and putting them into PlotMaker? It is live, different scale, and the only thing that you HAVE TO put on another layer are the dimensions. Place two hotspots to mark the bounding polygon.

In my normal practice, we do large sheds (logistics, factory, whatever) with adjacent office buildings - the shed usually has to be at 1:200, or even 300, while the office has to be more detailed - 1:100 at least. A simple view, with appropriate layer combos, display options, and scale specific stuff on the appropriate layer.

Yes, it does not have the bubble callout on the plan, but in my case it works.

Again - YES, enlarged plan if not live detail tool and details within details are needed!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
While I agree fully that the above should be possible, what is wrong with using the larger scale views, that crop the view to the ArchiCAD zoom when saved and putting them into PlotMaker?
The only thing I was looking for was auto referencing that does not involve having to import two separate drawings, one being an empty detail view. It seems like we are very close to having the auto reference feature fully implemented except for a few minor tweaks.
Dennis Lee
Booster
I know this is an old topic, but I really hope the ability to clip live views of the model w/ the detail tool, in addition to details w/in details can be implemented.

I want to do enlarged plan of stair & bathroom which are adjacent to each other, separately. Right now, I have an enlarged plan layer combination that has the enlarged plan dimensions & keynotes separate from overall plan dim & notes. However, because the two regions are adjacent to each other, I have to either combine them as one enlarged plan ( which I am doing), or come up w/ another layer combination - for a secondary enlarged plan?.

Also, right now when I have dims & notes outside of the box that I want to clip, in order to show them I have to increase the clipped area, which shows surrounding graphic information as well. It will be nice if we can just clip the model view and have some empty space around it for notes & dimensions.

Keeping my hopes up for AC11 -
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
James wrote:
I call the enlargement out using detail marker OBJECT (it predates the detail tool). I'll put the drawing/sheet numbers in manually, or if I have a lot of them I'll use this technique(Copying autotext gibberish from placed drawings in PM), which is really no fun but it works.
James -- I recently ran across this procedure, and it works like a charm with Text elements, but I cannot get it to work with our "Dummy Marker" (probably similar to your detail marker OBJECT). Has something changed with AC10, or do I need to do something fancy to our text parameters within the Dummy Marker for them to read autotext?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I think we can talk about this now since they were showing AC 11 at the AIA convention. AC11 can handle this beautifully. You make a layer combo for your enlarged plans. Place a cropped plan on your layout. And then you can link a detail marker to the cropped plan on the sheet.