Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Erasing Joint lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although I’ve been using archicad for 4 years. There is a little pesky problem I’ve encountered many times through the years.
It’s trying to make the union of a wall and slab (or beam) look monolithical (making the joining of these two surfaces disappear).
I’ve tried many work arounds- Extending the walls past the slab, covering the joint lines with white fills, Erasing the joint of an unlinked sections, Using the excellent hollow box library part from David Nicholson.
Have I missed something or there’s a better way?
My way of working is to try to maintain the sections/ elevations linked as long as possible. Sometimes clients need hidden lines 3d drawings, erasing the joint lines in these cases is a pain in the neck.
Any help will be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
They simply need to have the same fill/composite fill!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The surface materials need to be the same and they need to be joined at the correct height. Note: If your using a horizontal hatch pattern you will need to add a line at the joint to your S/E.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - sorry! I thought you meant in Section only. Jeffrey is absolutely correct - although these lines will often still appear with the Sketch Render!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Thank you. I knew there must be a better way. Theres always something to learn, no matter how long we have been using archicad.
Excelent forum !!!!