Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Erratic Ghost Story disply of walls above current story

Dennis Lee
Booster
My ghost story will not display walls above the current story. It will show stories below fine, but not right above the current story.

This behaviour is limited to only walls, and only walls that have the show on / link to stories setting to be "automatic". When I change them to "current story only", the wall will show up as ghosted in the story below.

When I copy & paste the walls into a blank file, though, even walls that are "automatic" show up fine as ghosted on the story below. I just cannot make it to work in my template file.

What should I do?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
Problem solved!!! Silly me... last night I was trying this and that - merging, copy & paste, import & export, etc...and then stumbled across the menu Document ---> Floor plan cut plane
Apprently my previous project (template) had the cutplane (offset) set higher than my new project's stories, and thus the problem of displaying the story above as ghosted.
I did play around w/ floor plane cut plane settings in the view map, but couldn't find the sort of thing in the project map at first.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
TomWaltz
Participant
That's actually a really common (and annoying) problem since the cut plane on your current story might be different than the one on the story you are trying to compare it to.
Tom Waltz

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!