cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Explore Tool - Moving Automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I am in a generic perspective view and choose the explore icon to walk through the model, the software sometimes has an autolock in a particular direction. In my case once the explore icon is engaged my view automatically pans to the left as if I where holding down the left arrow or the A key. If i press the opposite key which would be right arrow or D key, then the action is countered and causes the camera to be stationary/ in the default position.
I'm not sure what's causing this or what the solution is while I am in the same session. I know if I close the session and reopen it will usually fix this issue, but thats killing my workflow. Any one know?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
As soon as I posted this, I went to recreate the scenario and this time after pressing the opposite direction and letting go of the key, the issue was resolved.? IDK? other times this has not been the case.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Reboot fixes this for me on the extremely rare occassion it happens.

I recall someone recently posting there is a key combination or mouse click thing you could do to cause it, but I couldn't replicate it when I tried.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Reboot fixes this for me on the extremely rare occassion it happens.

I recall someone recently posting there is a key combination or mouse click thing you could do to cause it, but I couldn't replicate it when I tried.
Thanks Erwin,

I guess its just a minor glitch in the tool.