Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Exterior Walls, Layering

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm fairly new in working in archicad, and I've recently put a renovation project in the program. I was working in the file on the roof system when I switched to another view and the first floor exterior walls disappeared! How can I find them or are they gone for good?

Help Please

-archicad freshman
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
To see the exterior walls, you have to have their layer visible and also must have the renovation filter set to display whatever type you created them as. So, if the exterior walls were tagged as "New", and your filter is set to display "Existing", then they walls won't show up. Walls tagged as "to be demolished" will show up in the default Existing and Demolition filters - but not in the Planned Construction filter. Etc.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, I turned on and off all the layers, checked if any were locked, checked all the reno filters, and tried to find them through the finder box through several different property mixtures and they still wouldn't pop up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do they show in 3D?