Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill Orgin Handle

Seiss Wagner
Participant
Has anyone noticed the following anomaly, or do I have somethings set wrong?

Notice that when a fill is set to "Linked to Fill Orgin", the fill handle shoots out pass the fill, off into space. This happens to any of the fills in the fill menu. I have never seen this happen before, and the handle alway shoots out the same distance pass the fill.

It does not seem to cause any problems, but if you have a number of fills together in a tight space, such as a detail drawing, it gets messey to select the fill. And if you select the whole drawing, the area selected is much larger then the drawing because you are also selecting all the extended fill handles.

If the fill is "Linked to the Project Orgin" the fill handle behaves itself. I have not looked at what happens when "Use Distorted Fill" is selected.

Fill Orgin Handle.png
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone ever figured why this is and how to fix? The only way I handle it is by resizing and moving it onto a corner.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The fill handle is a standard one metre long when 'link to fill origin' is selected. I suppose one metre is a convenient length that would be visible at most zoom levels, rather that 1mm or 1cm which wouldn't be, but I agree with the initial poster that it is a bit too long when working on details and complex profiles.

When you change to 'distorted fill' it allows you to stretch the handles and change the scale by typing directly into the tracker, as it interprets that distance as the scaling factor; 0.5m halves the scale in that particular direction, 2.0m doubles the scale.

There is a button on the 'On-Screen Display Options' toolbar which allows you to toggle their display on and off. As the name suggests, these handles are on-screen display options only and do not print whatever the setting.

Hope that clears it up!