Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fillet Profile Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am writing from Santa Fe, NM where we like to show the adobe walls battered as in adobe construction. I have been able to make the profile walls, however, when I attempt to put a 4" fillet on the corners the walls will not clean up in plan. The wall profile is 12" thick & this will not allow me to use anything less than a 4" fillet. I am left with having to paste fills over the corners of the entire plan view. Very tedious! Is there anyone in the NM area doing this type of construction & have you found any better solutions?
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
jclewis
Booster
Jack

What I showed was done using a custom 'corner piece' object. Place it at each corner and run your wall to it. You would, of course, have to create a separate piece for each different wall type.

Creating the object involves using the radius piece that a fillet creates, using solid operations on two short sections of profiled walls, saving as on object, cleaning up the 2d view, and a couple of tricks to make the 2d view compatible with your standard 2d view options. Call me if you want to be walked through the process.

A comment: it would be easier to make the model display as you want if you separated the wall into stories (e.g.: the first floor portion and the parapet portion); the parapet could be done with a radius since you probably won't be cutting a floor plan through it and the first story could be done using composites.

I can send a copy of the Archicad file that I used.

Jim
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Jim. I'll contact you & we can go into this in more depth.