cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor Plan Cut Plane Offset

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

Problem: FPCP dialog box-Relative floor plan range OFFSET keeps defaulting back to zero.

Question: How do I stop the offset from always defaulting back to zero.

Scenario: 10 Units/Townhouses over 4 lots with 4m fall left to right. I'm Hotlinking the units into one main file. Storey Levels are set relevant to Unit/lot position.

I have some high windows that wont show up on floor plan unless I set the FPCP relative floor plan range offset to 2000. However after I flick through other storeys and return it defaults back to zero and my windows are gone.

My beard now has some more greys in it because of this problem so any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks everyone & happy Australia day
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Are you forgetting to define or redefining the views?
In AC you save a View with a FCP as you want (and you can have different FCP for the same floor plan) if it is switching it means that you are selecting a view for which the FCP is at 0.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Rockstar
GRIMALDI:

Another option, if you do not need the FPCP otherwise, is to set the Floor Plan Display of the Walls, Doors and Windows to Symbolic, which ignores the FPCP.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14