Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

GDL icon issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I changed my computer and again got the same issues concerning
the icons of the GDL objects. The preview was a nice "Quick Time" icon
. I therefore changed the file types in "folder options" and now get a GDL icon but still without preview. Really not handy to review
the objects...
Any idea ?
regards
Jean-Luc
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
It sounds like the Windows Explorer plug-in (part of AC installation) is no longer installed. This can happen if, for example, you uninstall an old version of AC after installing a new version.

Do a 'repair' of the current version of AC (via Add/Remove Programs), reboot, and see if that doesn't get things back to normal.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok I will try that as soon as possible
Many thanks for answering Karl
regards
Jean-Luc
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome, Jean-Luc. Please post if again even if you have success so that someone else searching the forums will know what to do.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Karl,

yes it works out. I repaired my version of archicad with the CD.
Then I reinstalled the update and got back my icon previews.
The process keep the add-ons and you just need to reorganize palettes and toolbox as you wish.
Thanks again
Cheers
Jean-Luc
Anonymous
Not applicable
jean-luc wrote:
Hello Karl,

The process keep the add-ons and you just need to reorganize palettes and toolbox as you wish.
You know there is a way to save your workspace so you could have it exact the same on other computers or if you need too reinstall?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I think with a template ? . But I use always the same
workspace. It certainly sounds like strange for you
but I am not architect and I "only" use archicad for the 3D along with artlantis now therefore I do not need a sophisticate workspace.
Cheers
Jean-Luc
Anonymous
Not applicable
jean-luc wrote:
Yes I think with a template ?
No, I mean the way there you could save how your workspace with menues, shortcuts, palettes & toolbars look like.
Options - Work environment - Work environment, there you could save your screen-setup.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hum I see (I think). I stored my palette sheme under a new name
Thanks
Jean-Luc
Anonymous
Not applicable
jean-luc wrote:
Hello,

I changed my computer and again got the same issues concerning
the icons of the GDL objects. The preview was a nice "Quick Time" icon
. I therefore changed the file types in "folder options" and now get a GDL icon but still without preview. Really not handy to review
the objects...
Any idea ?
regards
Jean-Luc
On the Mac this seems to reoccur quite often as the .gsm file extension is also used for sound files and telephony files and QuickTime is the app most suitable to open it. Even when all files are to open with ArchiCAD I still get a movie controller and not a preview. Are you not seeing the preview in the library browser or are you talking about a preview while browsing the folders in a finder environment?

Jeffrey