Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 new bug? - find and select

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

Just wondering if this is a bug in 11 or just specific to my problematic computer...

To replicate, use "Find and select" in the 3D window and choose 'roofs', then the parameter 'Elevation'.

Write in a number for the elevation height. Try to change the '=' sign to '<', '>' or for that matter, any other option possible. On my computer it consistently reverts to '='.

Very frustrating.
10 REPLIES 10
Checked, OK here. I tried all the operators with all the levels and most of the tools. (I see it still has the sections and elevations mixed up though.)
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - well I hate PCs and it's good to know 11's okay on a Mac 😉

11 hasn't been installed on the other PCs in the office yet, so I haven't been able to check against anyone else's.

I'll see if it does the same thing again tomorrow. Temperamental PC! This is supposed to be a fancy new machine... Ha!

(since then I had the problem of hotlinked modules with SEOs within them not staying as SEOs when brought into a project... Argggh! No time to research or write anything about it... I just quickly saved as an object and brought it in. Could be problematic later if that option is the one the client ends up choosing...)
Karl Ottenstein
Works fine for me on PC, Kim.

Just in case it is related... I have had issues on the PC implementation with tooltips interfering with the ability to enter data into a field. I have to move the mouse so that the tooltip goes away sometimes before I can type. I wonder if the tooltip on the button is related to what you've observed? (I think this is a Windows issue, not a Graphisoft one. In any case, not an issue on Mac.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl.

I don't think it's related, but I'll try again today when I get into the office. Last night shutting down, there were something like 38 updates to be installed - strange when the computer guys said they had updated everything and there shouldn't be anything wrong with the setup. I already know I'm having big problems with 11 and the display/graphics card - problems that I don't have in 10. But the 'Find and Select' problem is something different.

Perhaps today it will have gone away...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked at the office today - exactly the same problem.

If it's a bug it's clearly not in the US version, perhaps it's not computer specific but INT version specific...
Djordje
Ace
Bug confirmed.

3D window, Archicad 11 1040

If you open Find & Select, take Elevation as the argument, the logical operator cannot be changed, and defaults back to whatever it originally was. The same happens if you type in the elevation.

However, if you use the eyedropper to transfer the value, you can change the logical operator and it will stick.

Can the Mac guys please try this, so that we can narrow it down?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Djordje wrote:
Bug confirmed.3D window, Archicad 11 1040
/...Can the Mac guys please try this, so that we can narrow it down?
Ok on my Mac, Djordje. Maybe just a "Dark side" bug
James wrote:
Checked, OK here. I tried all the operators with all the levels and most of the tools.
And if JM says it's fine, it must be, on a Mac that is
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Djordje
Ace
Any confirmations from the Dark side

Breathe ... breathe ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable