cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Gate in a balustrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I add a gate in a balustrade object?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
A couple of polite tips for you...

Post questions like this in relevant Forum categories - eg. this could go in "Working in Archicad" or "Libraries / Library Parts / GDL". This part of the forum (Archicad+) is for general discussions about Archicad itself. I'm sure a Moderator would be happy to move this to the right place. (Rest assured though, you're not the only one asking specific questions here).

Give us a bit more information. What type of balustrade / gate are you talking about? What are you trying to achieve? Add a picture if it will help.

I hope this helps you get the answers you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
my apology Stuart, I'll be sure to post in the right area next time round.

The attached image shows where I need to add a gate in the balustrade object. The object I used was Fences and Railings 16 - Rail Post with Balusters 16.

Not sure sure if I've gone about it the right way?
Fences and Railings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I find the standard railings very limited. You can't add a gate as you would a door in a wall, if that's what you're hoping for. The easy way would be to stop the railing each side and have a section of railing with no posts representing your gate, and draw a 2D arc to show opening on Plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut the railings per S2arts suggestion.
Then place a wall of 0" thickness and of any length.
Create custom door panel that matches the gate you wish to see.
Place the custom door in the zero width wall.
The trick is that a door of 4' width can be placed in a wall of 1" length,
Furthermore you can place the wall in an unseen story, say sub-basement,
but locate the door with its threshold at 30 or 50 feet up.
That way there is no possibility of seeing or printing the wall.
The door is in a wall that is nowhere to be seen. Voila, door without wall.
gate as door.jpg
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
blimp wrote:
How do I add a gate in a balustrade object?
The Australian fencing company, Sentrel, has just released their pool fencing, balustrade and gate objects for ArchiCAD on bimobject.com. You can find them here .

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com