cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Getting around Stairmaker's 2*R+T?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way around Stairmaker's parameters for the tread and riser sizes? I am making a circular stair (thanks to great tips in this forum). Stairmaker won't let me put 6" risers in because that creates a too small result in its (2xR)+T formula. What a dumb thing. We should be able to make as unsafe a stair as we can imagine. It's a drafting program, not the police, right?

Any tips on how to get around this? If not, does some add-on allow this?

Thanks for any and all help and clues,
Doug
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
It's been a long time since I used Stairmaker, but I think you can change the maximum value for 2r+T
Tom Waltz
Dennis Lee
Booster
I use archistair for my stairs, and am pretty happy so far.
SP32-20070713-112156.jpg
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast
Doug the last time I used Stairmaker and had one of these messages I was able to enter a different upper and lower figure in formula windows. It then generated just fine.

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
...but I think you can change the maximum value for 2r+T
Yes - make the "(2*Riser)+Run <" number really big, like 1000mm or something. You can also make the ">" number really small if it's still being a pain.

But if you can, get ArchiStair, you have way more control, and usually end up with the stair you wanted.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The archi-police say that you can set the minimum '2R+T' at 200-602mm and the maximum '2R+T' at 602-10,000mm. The greyed out '2R+T' is the summation of the Tread length and Riser height parameters entered below, which are further constrained by the overall Geometry Settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the excellent help. I had been trying (stubbornly) to change the riser height dimension. I needed to first change the 2xR+T, then change the riser dimension. All is well now. It's often a matter of loosening up my approach to these things that I need.

Thanks again, everyone,
Doug