Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Global Material Change Tip

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here is a tip that I originally created for my clients, but since the topic has been discussed on ArchiCAD-Talk lately, I thought I would share it with the whole community. It shows users how to globally change a material throughout a project, whether the material has been assigned or not.

I encourage setting up default materials in your template file, that are assigned to each building element. Eg. Default Roofing, Default Flooring, Default Ceiling, Default Object, etc. These default materials can be simply copies of 'Whitewash'. This way when you first render your model, everything is just white, similar to a styrofoam model 'from the old days' . The client doesn't get distracted by the crazy colors you've picked and you can very quickly swap out materials globally, using the methods described in my tip.

I have each page shown separately here, but also have the entire tip as a PDF. I you would like a copy of it, please contact me privately!

Cheers,
Link.

ArchiLINK-Page-01.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ArchiLINK-Page-11.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ArchiLINK-Page-12.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Please be aware that the PDF is around 2.15Mb because of all the images. And it barely compresses at all. Also, please provide your email address in your private messages!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Link.