Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Google Chrome for ArchiCAD Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Google Chrome is my default web browser. When I click on ArchiCAD Help my computer tries to open the ArchiCAD Help menu in Google Chrome but the page never opens. Is there some way that I can get the ArchiCAD Help menu to open in Google Chrome?
The address for the page is:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD%2011/Help/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

Alternately, when I open Internet Explorer and paste in the address for the ArchiCAD Help page no page opens at first. When I refresh the browser I get a message that reads, "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls." The message prompts me to "Allow Blocked Content" before the ArchiCAD Help page will open.
If I cannot use Google Chrome to view the ArchiCAD Help menu is there some what that I can change the Internet Explorer settings so I the ArchiCAD Help page opens without this error message?

Thank you
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
A little discovery.
I was trying to install a trial version of AC15 and kept getting the message "The specified directory is an ArchiCAD directory. Please select a different directory, which is not an ArchiCAD directory". I quickly found this ArchiCAD Wiki article but was still confused because I did not have have archicad directly in my applications folder.

... however
I did have three applications that I created with Fluid called 'ArchiCAD Help', 'ArchiCAD Talk' and 'ArchiCAD Wiki' - and apparently using the word 'ArchiCAD' when I named them is enough for the installer to think that one or all of them is actual ArchiCAD application

... so
When naming your new applications created with Fluid don't use the word 'ArchiCAD'. I have renamed mine 'AC Help', AC Talk' etc
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update. I found this more recent article:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=10167&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&s...

Apparently it's useful if you use Internet Explorer, but I'm not keen to have IE as my default browser just for the sake of Graphisoft compatibility.

The other solution mentioned in that article is to use Firefox, which I would normally be fine with, but my Firefox has been freezing for the last few months, and I'm buggered if I want to go down rabbit trail number seven.

So.... I'd still be interested in whether there's a Google Chrome solution.