Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Graphisoft Plans for North America exposure?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'd just like to know.....is all.
Cause I'm getting a bit worried.
Worried because everywhere I turn I see "Revit" this and Revit that......

2 years ago...I was told that GS North America was going to make a big push in the U.S. market....so far....it's tough actually seeing this in the trenches.....

GS North America - if you are out there...what are yer plans here?
As a "loyal" Archicad user....mind I add I was using Acad and ADT for over 20 years - since version 2.5......I'd like to know what plans you have.

I'd hate to have to switch over to the 'dark' side just cause I'm not informed.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
17 REPLIES 17
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Perhaps this is a good indicator: community/press_zone/indox-reseller.html
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
rob2218
Enthusiast
NCornia......

What's the "FULL" website address?
I can't seem to plug the one you put up and get anything.
thanks,
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.graphisoft.com/community/press_zone/indox-reseller.html

I'm worried about ArchiCAD too. When I talk to others most have never even heard of ArchiCAD let alone even seen it.
rob2218
Enthusiast
"Worried about Archicad"...yeah. I'm sure GS is listening.....are you GS?
Listening?
What are you doing to help promote Archicad sales in the U.S. for 2011, 2012...etc..?

I know the construction/design market is shot to heck and back but.....
What are you all doing at GS?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
rob2218 wrote:
This is what we have done this week: We have signed up a new reseller; co-sponsored the BIM & Single-Family Residential webinar with Architectural Record (more than a thousand would-be BIM users showed up); sponsored the Building of the Year contest on ArchDaily, "the world's most visited architecture website", in which, BTW, an ArchiCAD-designed building won the Industrial Category.

We have recently added new sales staff to cover areas where we are not represented by resellers, we are actively looking for new resellers, and we continue our student campaign - which we believe will pay off in the long run. We also support initiatives for interoperability - because what we really believe in is that it should not matter what everybody else is using. You should have the freedom to choose whatever tool works best for you, and you should not be bound to use one tool just because that's what the others are using.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
rob2218 wrote:
This is what we have done this week: We have signed up a new reseller; co-sponsored the BIM & Single-Family Residential webinar with Architectural Record (more than a thousand would-be BIM users showed up); sponsored the Building of the Year contest on ArchDaily, "the world's most visited architecture website", in which, BTW, an ArchiCAD-designed building won the Industrial Category.
Greg - As a new user (Jan, 2010), I'm very glad GS's marketing efforts reached our small office. I'm pretty sure that for both GS and users, a thriving presence of ArchiCAD is desirable, so I wish for greater success for everyone's sake. We have invested enough in, and become sufficiently dependent on, ArchiCAD that GS is essentially our partner.

At the same time, I found this week's Single Family Residential (a big part of our work) Webinar disappointing. A cynical view would see three architects with a chance to talk about their work, acknowledging in a very general way that BIM was helpful or profitable - no lessons to be learned (for users) about how to use BIM/ArchiCAD well, nor any proof or examples (for potential users) of how ArchiCAD will help accomplish aims.

Paul
rob2218
Enthusiast
I too am hopeful that GS can out more Archicad on the desks
Of users. Again. I can only give my baised opinion
Based on my sole use of one BIM product.....Archicad.

Perhaps I should take at the very least a beginning course
In Revit just so I can compare the two.....see how one works
Over the other.

How can I help GS?
If GS "is" truly looking to ramp up.....they can give me a
Call....I'd love nothin more than to try and convince other
Architects about Archicad.....so GS, if you are serious about
Increasing sales in North America.....I'm here to help.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS's downfall was never getting away from the Architects. They should have started focusing at least some of their efforts on manufacturers and CAM around v6 or so. GDL would have been an easier language for multi axis CAM than AutoCAD but there was really no interest other than the Log Home project which eventually fell by the wayside. Just like ArchiFM. A great SW but because of the lack of readily available objects to maintain it too fell by the wayside.

IMO Nemetschek should sell to SolidWorks as they are looking to get into the architectural arena and it is already commonly used by many who actually manufacture parts that create the products you use. Manufacturers won't use AC because it offers them no benefit and as it continues on that way ArchiCAD will become less beneficial to Architects regardless of how superior the software may be. Many manufacturers who use SolidWorks merely assemble their products with the CAD files provided by the manufacturer of the components they use. The number of manufacturers offering their products for Revit has already surpassed ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeffrey wrote:
GS's downfall was never getting away from the Architects. They should have started focusing at least some of their efforts on manufacturers and CAM around v6 or so. GDL would have been an easier language for multi axis CAM .......
Hmmm - you got me wondering with this one. I have never thought about it from this angle (and I still think it's a little odd) but what about the rest of AEC first - structural, services etc.
Autodesk is almost an ecosystem unto itself and they can boast about interoperability amongst their own products (although in many cases not as great as you might assume) - but Nemetschek is IFC-focused

.... so it's not only about marketing ArchiCAD in north america but marketing/lobbying for IFC.