Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HOW TO draw cubes in different angles?????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there..
I have been trying to draw cubes and was able to do a 45˚ and a 90˚ with columns and beams... But when I try to do different angles I can't figure out how to align both the column and the beam to have the same angle ... I need to draw cubes in all angles... They all seem like rotating in all directions..

Please Help!

I would need the cubes to look something like this...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/2740157504_d0ea2026f9.jpg?v=0
4 REPLIES 4
Try the cube under Basic Shapes in the Special Construction library. It is rotatable in both the X and the Y axis.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard,
Thanks so much for that tip...
Do you know if I can make the cube hollow (only showing the beams and posts like the example photo I linked on my 1st post?)

Really appreciate it
While there are a number of ways you could do this (SEOs, 3D Profiler add-on, etc.), for a one-time thing, I think the easiest (short of learning GDL) would be to get the cubes set up in the spacial orientation you want, then working in a 3D window, copy the cubes and change them to the size you need for a beam or post (since they have the correct spacial orientation already) and just replicate them, placing them using the corners of the original cubes for the 3D locations. Once you get the hang of it, it should go very fast. (Especially if you are copying multiple elements at one time.)

So you'd take a 6' x 6' rotated cube, say, copy it, and change the cube dimensions in the parameters to 6' x 4" x 4", say, (plus four 4" x 4" x 6' for the posts), then make copies and place, raising or lowering heights.

Hope that's clear.

Another tip while I'm thinking of it. You can put the original cubes on different layer, and change that layer to wireframe display, so you can see what you're doing a little better, when you're copying the smaller elements.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
veronikaa wrote:
I have been trying to draw cubes and was able to do a 45˚ and a 90˚ with columns and beams... But when I try to do different angles I can't figure out how to align both the column and the beam to have the same angle ... I need to draw cubes in all angles... They all seem like rotating in all directions..
Take a look at OBJECTiVE - it will make this process very simple. You can construct one hollow (framed) cube on the flat, replicate it, and rotate/split the entire cube (or parts of it) as you please.

OBJECTiVE provides tools for 3D rotation, splitting, and working planes (very relevant in this case). It also enables 3D object placement, rotation and cutting on section/elevation - also very relevant for this task.

For more info, look at: http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Watch some of the video clips to see the tools in action.

PS. I've attached an example image.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems