Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hide Openings with Renovation Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello to everyone,

This is 'kind of' a follow up from the previous topic
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=42105

I'm trying now to hide the doors and windows from the openings since, the structural eng. doesn't really care what type of frame we insert in it.

As explained in the previous topic I have a renovation filter that shows me demolished and new parts of the building as well as the existing. To avoid confusion in floor plan with overlapped walls, the demolished are overridden and shown in yellow, the new in red and the existing in black.

I tried in two ways:
-Model view options
-Renovation Tool

In both cases, instead of having an empty opening, the opening was filled looking like a full wall (see attachment)

Also, note that, using the 'Renovation Tool Filter', only the 'to be demolished' elements can have doors/windows/skylight hidden

I then tried to play with the 2D representation of the door and windows library parts, changing the type of fill to Empty, Full, Air Space, etc. as well as changing the colour of the background with pen 91, 0 and -1. No difference.

Any idea anyone?

Cheers.

Claudio

Renovation Tool Hide Openings AC-T.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Claudio:

Check MVO > Options for Construction Elements > Door Options > Show Openings Only.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

thank you for your reply.
I did try that but initially wasn't working. Now, using the RCP settings seems to work (don't ask me why cos it had the same opening settings of my custom settings).
However Graphisoft has my file now because apparently there is another issue (somewhere) which relates to the renovation tool. The foreground fill of the 'renovation override styles' won't disappear where the opening of the 'Roller Door' from the 'Australian Essential Library R2' is.