Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hide material attributes

jamespage11
Participant
Hi

Anyone know how to hide materials in the list? (I'm not talking about a schedule here, just the normal menu of attributes you use to assign materials to surfaces.)

I've downloaded a bunch of custom objects that come with their own materials which automatically populate the list with extra materials I'm never going to use myself, especially since half of them are in German or Portuguese or whatever and they just make it really hard to finds the ones I do want to use.. I can use the attribute manager to delete or rename, but not hide them, and the problem is that the objects still need those materials to work.
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately it is not possible.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
James:

One solution is to add spaces (" ") to the front of the names of the materials you want at the top of the list (the ones you use frequently) or underscores ("_") to front of the names of the materials you want at the bottom of the list (the ones you don't use but need to keep). This is most efficiently done with Attribute Manager.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14