Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotfix for ArchiCAD 10 is available

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

It's time to visit the Help menu / Check for updates command to get the latest Hotfix for ArchiCAD 10 (build 966). Please check out the Release Notes for a fixed bug list.

The patch applies to both Education and full licences of ArchiCAD 10. The patch also updates goodies installed in the ArchiCAD folder
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my case I downloaded with IE, and it doesnt work.
I downloaded this time with Mozilla, than it works.
Please try with this way.

Basically clear solution must be mentioned for the next update.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Link wrote:
Greg, do you have any comments?
Link.
We know of one issue with the patch (this is what cadImage probably hit) that relates to the IFC add-on on MAC (PPC) platform. The IFC add-on included in the patch can crash ArchiCAD, therefore it is highly recommended to download the latest IFC add-on from: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/ifc/downloads/public/
Gergely Kmethy
gkmethy wrote:
latest IFC add-on
FYI:

That installer creates a folder called 'ArchiCAD Documentation' and puts the IFC pdf in it. The help menu pdfs must be in the 'Documentation' folder.

And, I know we mostly get .dmgs from GS these days, but the download is a borderline-obsolete stuffit archive. (Stuffit expander is not in the default setup on new Macs.)

Thanks,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
gkmethy wrote:
Link wrote:
Greg, do you have any comments?

Link.
...The IFC add-on included in the patch can crash ArchiCAD...
Is this classed as hülyétől too?

Jokes....juuuuuuuuust jokes...

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
thanks greg . . .

direct yes/no question for you:
if i upgrade my office to NZE build 966 and replace the installed IFC add-on with the latest build in your link (55368), will it resolve the crashing issue in the file i sent GS at the weekend?

thanks
ben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
YES
Gergely Kmethy
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
So, the sequence is, first upgrade to build 966, then install the IFC? And what about my Cadimage patch-should that come last?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
the ArchiCAD patch only manipulates components shipped by Graphisoft (ArchiCAD files, Graphisoft add-ons, Graphisoft goodies), third party components are just ignored by our patch. So it should be indifferent when you install a third party patch - unless the vendor gives you specific instructions.

But make sure to first install the ArchiCAD patch and then replace the IFC add-on. I would leave the cadimage patch last.
Gergely Kmethy
Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast
gkmethy wrote:
the ArchiCAD patch only manipulates components shipped by Graphisoft (ArchiCAD files, Graphisoft add-ons, Graphisoft goodies), third party components are just ignored by our patch. So it should be indifferent when you install a third party patch - unless the vendor gives you specific instructions.

Greg,

Are you sure about this? I have 3 different CadImage add-ons installed and the AC 966 patch would not install with these add-ons in the AC folder. It may be because they have the same name as the AC apx's. I'm referring to the Profiler and Accessory ones for sure. I got a message saying the add-on was not the proper one or something like that and then it just quit.

The solution was to uninstall AC 10, take out all the other add-ons and reinstall from the install disk and then apply the patch. This happened on both of my computers.

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
__archiben
Booster
gkmethy wrote:
YES
thanks!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup