Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotfix for ArchiCAD 10 is available

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

It's time to visit the Help menu / Check for updates command to get the latest Hotfix for ArchiCAD 10 (build 966). Please check out the Release Notes for a fixed bug list.

The patch applies to both Education and full licences of ArchiCAD 10. The patch also updates goodies installed in the ArchiCAD folder
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
43 REPLIES 43
Barry Kelly
Gerald wrote:

The solution was to uninstall AC 10, take out all the other add-ons and reinstall from the install disk and then apply the patch. This happened on both of my computers.

Cheers,
Gerald,
No need to uninstall Archicad (I found).
Just remove the CADImage addons from the add-on folder and then update.
Move the add-ons back afterwards.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Gerald wrote:
I have 3 different CadImage add-ons installed and the AC 966 patch would not install with these add-ons in the AC folder. It may be because they have the same name as the AC apx's.
Now that's tricky. As I wrote, our Hotfix installer will update all Add-Ons and Goodies shipped by Graphisoft. So, if it finds a Profiler.apx, it will try to update that, since it believes to be a Graphisoft apx. So, in the unfortunate case a third party add-on has exactly the same file name as a Graphisoft add-on, you have to remove it before patching ArchiCAD, then re-install the third party tool.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
After installing the hotfix on PC build 815 I now I get wierd behavior of empty doors. Maybe there is some larger issue here, and maybe ot was around before the hotfix, but no one in this office seemed to notice it until today when I installed the hotfix.

Basically the hotspots for an empty door appear in fairly crazy places and have strange behavior. The screenshot shows where the hotspots appear around an empty door. If I flip the doors, the hotspots line up with the edges as they should but the lower of the two in this screenshot still float outside the jamb of the empty door. Wierder than that, I can still click on the jamb and stretch the empty door, even if I am not clicking on a hotspot. The hotspots that appear in the wrong place only allow me to move the door, not resize it.

I can work around this problem, but it is still a little discerning to think that a hotFIX broke something so simple at the same time.

Jeff Howe
Quattrocchi Kwok Architects
WTF 001.jpg
__archiben
Booster
gkmethy wrote:
Now that's tricky. As I wrote, our Hotfix installer will update all Add-Ons and Goodies shipped by Graphisoft. So, if it finds a Profiler.apx, it will try to update that, since it believes to be a Graphisoft apx.
right. that's the impression i got. so why doesn't archicad have a problem loading two add-ons called "Profiler" and running them as independent commands?

maybe someone was a bit lazy with their component identification code (or whatever you might call it!) and couldn't be bothered to tell the installer to look for the unique ID that add-ons have?!

maybe next time, eh?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup