Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can I create this type of shell

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
My question may be a bit silly, but I watched a lot of video tutorials and didn't find of answer of it so..
Can someone help me with some kind of tutorial or explanation - how can I create the shell form that is in the attached file?
P.S. I know how to make it with Morph tool but it's not smooth enough and also I'm sure that there should be an easier method than with Morph tool, but I can't figure it out yet... :S

shell1.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dimitar:

I don't think you can make that form with the Shell Tool, see this thread for a similar problem: 3 Curved lines 1 Straight. The Morph can be made smoother by using the Modify Segmentation... command.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David,
Actually I've already done the form with Morph tool, and it's not too bad looking, but I think it will be better if it's made with Shell tool or something else.
Also, there can be a future problem with this type of forms made with Morph tool - I can't make it thick and it will exist as just a face. The problem comes when I export the file to Lumion sometimes Morph faces are exported correctly but sometimes they are not.. and this is the main reason of searching another solution in creating this particular type of form with a tool different from Morph tool..( I am not sure what will happen if I make a "box" from several faces and then Union them in a single Morph, but in this case for every single shape of this type i have to make 5 more morphs to close each box... )
P.S. As for my signature I will update it as soon as I get back in the office