Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you keep drawings updtaed

Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know how to keep the drawings updated? eg. drawing 1, drawing 2.....all drawings are in different set , then i can see what i have made on the drawings. if i change the model, the drawings will change accordingly, how to achieve it?

Onho
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The drawing updates are done in PlotMaker under ""Drawing Usage" in the Navigator. This is very basic stuff, you should read the manual or get some training.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I mean, keep the first drawing in archicad with many different version, i would like to ask whether i can (or How to) keep many updated drawings in AC not in PDFor PM. eg, i have first drawings for client (to local council) then will be changed at some reason, then i have second version, how do i keep the first version (original), and have a copy of this file to modify (are there any ways ).

therefore i will have many AC files when i make a modified drawings.

Onho
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an interesting question.

Our practice keeps paper copies of every drawing issued - because the model always 'moves on'. But I think it would be desirable to keep a working copy of each model issued before the next modification is made.

Logistically this is difficult - you would have to ensure that your archived layout doesn't automatically update to the latest plotmaker files or .PLN files if you're using direct linking.

I imagine you would need to create an 'archive' folder with a dated sub-folder for each record set of PLNs, PMKs, and LBKs. Make sure the links all reference within the folder and not the original paths, or better still: embed the PMKs in the layout books. You would then have to decide whether you do this for every layout book every time you issue a minor revision to one of the layouts.

What do other people recommend as good practice?
Anonymous
Not applicable
when a set goes out of our office, here's the way things are supposed to be done:

1. Design Development set gets issued and printed as pdf for record.
2. copy of DD set is made and renamed for the Construction Docs set.
3. All links are broken so that the lbk is now full of pmk files.

the pmk files can be edited a little in PM if absolutely necessary, but the reason for keeping the set is more for making quick record prints if necessary.

I do always make a point of saving a copy of the model used in the Permit set, though. Many times, we've made small changes to layout or finishes that don't affect the permit between the time we issue permit and the time any comments come back from the plan reviewers. if we need to make any changes to the permit drawings it's pretty easy to update the permit model and re-link a plan or two in the old layout book without having to submit the other minor modifications that would just confuse the matter.

does that help at all?
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks all

This is much help of "re-link" and break the link.

Onho