Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How does one stretch a line that intersects w/ another?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I have 2 lines intersecting at one point and I decide to stretch one of the lines to a different location, I select the line I want and click on its node (which is also the node of the other line) in order to stretch it. Unfortunity the other line becomes selected while it deselects the line I wanted making stretching/editing impossible.

I have found that I have to either delete the line and start over or move it to a new location and stretch both ends to new locations. Is there an easier way (key board command or preference setting)? I remember that this wasn't a problem in AC 6.5.

I think this applies to walls too.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
zucoc: ...Ctrl+H (stretch command)
This hides AC program on the Mac...there is no keyboard shortcut for stretch on the Mac as far as I can see. (Edit > Reshape > Stretch)
Link: ...click on the endpoint and hold until the pet palette appears
I noticed this works sometimes but not always...if you click on the line and not the node, then click on the node and hold, it doesn't always show the pet palette for me, especially if I've been dragging a whole line previously, instead it sometimes selects another line. I probably need to get used to how it works.
TomWaltz: (when in a tool mode) ...hold down SHIFT and pick on the elements you want to select (, then edit them)...hit Escape (to return to the arrow cursor)...
Works great for me. I'll be making this my habbit because it seems to work every time.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Stress Co_
Advisor
DrawingStudio wrote:
zucoc: ...Ctrl+H (stretch command)

This hides AC program on the Mac...there is no keyboard shortcut for stretch on the Mac as far as I can see. (Edit > Reshape > Stretch)
Reassign the shortcut... I use Option+H

Try enabling the "element info pop-up" (info tag). If you place the arrow over the intersection point of the lines, you'll see it says "multiple elements" (tab). Hit the tab key and you'll cycle through the selections. When the line you want is highlighted, click your mouse to select it..... then stretch the end point (using the tool selected in the pet palate).

This works great when you have elements stacked and a simple selection is not so easy.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
SeaGeoff
Ace
You don't need the info tag turned on (bugs me) for the Tab cycling to work. You just need to be in selection mode (Arrow tool or Shift). I have the highlight set so it never comes on by itself since it's always available with Tab. Avoids a lot of flashing when moving around the screen.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Jefferson
Participant
Hey Geoff -

Howzit down your way? Would you mind posting a screen shot of the setting location for the info palette, set as you describe. I presume this in Work Environment somewhere.........can't seem to work it that way from here. Thanks!
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com