Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to FILL question

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to make a vectorial fill representing a curving running bond brick pavement that follows the curving path.
Thank you.

CurvyBrick Fill.jpg
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
You would have to do separate curved and straight fills with the curved fill drawn to repeat at or beyond the largest radius you need. You will then need to place and orient the fill origin at the center of each curved section. I'm not sure how such a large repeat pattern will perform in a symbol fill. When first introduced the symbol fills could put quite a hit on the old hardware.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some vectorial do it almost, but if it is only about a path why using fills instead of lines, circles and splines ? (see attachment)
DaveOlufs
Participant
Til wrote:
Some vectorial do it almost, but if it is only about a path why using fills instead of lines, circles and splines ? (see attachment)
Very nice!
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Til wrote:
Thanks for both replies!

Til can you please explain how did you make the fill pattern follow the spline curvature?
Thx
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'd say it's a line type, not a fill type.

They are made the same way, only a line type has been historically much harder to scale correctly.

Although scale is a bit of a moot point when wrapping around a spline, but you can still get close enough for representation purposes.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
I'd say it's a line type, not a fill type.

They are made the same way, only a line type has been historically much harder to scale correctly.

Although scale is a bit of a moot point when wrapping around a spline, but you can still get close enough for representation purposes.

Cheers,
Link.
Another drawback to the line type is that you can't apply it as a fill pattern in 3D.