Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to bring back the old icons tor Tool Box?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to bring back the Toll Box icons from AC 8.1 in AC 9.0? The new icon are mush smaller and the colours and shadows make it hard to distinguish them from one another. I work on a 19' monitor at 1200/1600 res and, believe me, it's really difficult!

I suppose there should be a switch somewhere to choose between 3D and flat icons.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
kliment wrote:
I suppose there should be a switch somewhere to choose between 3D and flat icons.

Interesting... under Options/Pallet Shapes there is a Use Classic Tool Box toggle; it undocks the tool box but it does not, as the toggle would imply, change the icons.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try right clicking on one of the tools. Select classic tool box. Many options available.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dr wrote:
Try right clicking on one of the tools. Select classic tool box.
That does not change the icons.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
My, My had not noticed that the icons didn't change. I think its a case of being familiar with the tool locations and not actually looking at them. I guess the new icons don't seem to bother me.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Are you using the toolbox, or the 'toolbox tools' toolbar? The toolbar is small - regular system toolbar icon sizes. The toolbox is not really smaller than the old one, just looks different.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Eduardo Rolon
Remember there are keyboard shortcuts for all of the tools and that you can create your own if you don't like the existing ones.
I haven't clicked on an icon in a long time...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Remember there are keyboard shortcuts for all of the tools and that you can create your own if you don't like the existing ones.
I haven't clicked on an icon in a long time...
Between Favorites, which are huge time savers, option clicking and keyboard shortcuts, there really is little reason to be clicking on the tool box.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, gkmethy!

Toolbox is what I needed! Didn't see there were two toolboxes.

As for the shotrcuts - it's just habbit