cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to calculate the total lenght of cable carriers used?

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Hi,

I was tasked to route cable trays and cable ladders for the new factory and now my supervisor would like to know the total length of cable trays used. And not all cable trays and ladders were the same - they differed in width, so I would need to know the length of different types separately.

Is there a way in Archicad to say "hey, can you please select all cable trays that are 400 in width and 60 in height and then give me the combined length"?

Sincerely,

Jakob

Screenshot 2023-06-29 142910.png

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Since these are basically library parts, you probably have to add the library part parameters that correspond to the width and height to the schedule fields.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

Solution
Jakob_Floyd
Booster

I believe I found the solution.

When creating scheme, the length under FIELDS should be from Library Part Parameters and NOT from Parameters & Properties.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 135657.png

If this is what you @Erwin Edel meant in your post, then I apologize for misunderstanding you. I will try to test it further, but I believe that it will work well.

AC26

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Should be possible with a schedule:

ErwinEdel_0-1688040796345.png

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

That's the curious part! If I use find function (ctrl+f) and use alt+click on my cable ladder, then it detects that the width is 1000?! And this is the same for schedule - if I set width for 400, then the list is empty, but if I set it to 1000, then I get some results, but boy oh boy are they strange! The length is not nearly close... Please see the screenshots. I also attach the screenshot of Elements General List.

I have to mention, that I am on a new project, just testing the functionality, so that's why the number of cable carriers is so low 🙂 Elements general list.pngScheme with width as 400.pngScheme settings and length.pngIncorrect width.png

AC26
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Seems like a bug to me, I can reproduce it as well.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Since these are basically library parts, you probably have to add the library part parameters that correspond to the width and height to the schedule fields.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I can show you the screenshot, but I have localised version, so things are translated to Dutch.

ErwinEdel_0-1688044885331.png

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

I am relieved that you were able to replicate the issue, because I had this thought that maybe some settings were incorrect on my installation. Thank you for help!

I tried using the settings that you recommended and it partly works. I attach the video in which it is possible to see that scheme picks up the parts correctly by height and width, but it does not count the length correctly.

I would be very grateful for any additional tips. Also, is there a way to contact developers to report the bug?

AC26

@Jakob_Floyd wrote:

Also, is there a way to contact developers to report the bug?

Through your local Archicad support is the best way.

They should pass the details on to GS HQ for you unless they have a solution.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Jakob_Floyd
Booster

I believe I found the solution.

When creating scheme, the length under FIELDS should be from Library Part Parameters and NOT from Parameters & Properties.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 135657.png

If this is what you @Erwin Edel meant in your post, then I apologize for misunderstanding you. I will try to test it further, but I believe that it will work well.

AC26

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!