BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to resize multiple lines together in archicad?

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi! Even though I select multiple lines, and I try to resize, it only resize one. (thats the point of selecting multiple lines?) I can't find solution.:(( Please if you could help and explain like to 5 years old Thank youuu

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon

Command is Adjust (Under Edit->Reshape)

After selecting the lines and Adjust either click on an object to stretch to or draw a line.

2023-07-20 17-52-37.2023-07-20 17_55_03.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Hi! I can see that it works on your end... But unfortunately not on mine. I am sharing video. I checked first all the lines > reshape > adjust but again it just moved one line... not all as I needed. 

EDIT: OK I think I figure out how you did extended by clicking on random place in the plan ... I don't understand the logic behind the mechanism. (like what dictates to where it extends). Usually I wound extend line to where I need it... but this "mechanism" does not follow the rule.. it just extends it wherever? I tried it on straight lines, expecting all have same length, but it extended to what I haven't even set up. I am so confused. All I want lines to extend to certain length, all samely. Please could you elaborate? 

Photo: straight same length lines extends to different lengths...  instead of same 

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 9.58.35 AM.png

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
Eduardo Rolon

It does not extend to whenever it always extends were you want it to by either clicking an object or drawing the extension limit.

This is a simple command and I can't figure out why it does not work for you (no video attached).

So my guess is you need to practice until you get the hang of it.

• Selecting Lines
  • Select Adjust
  • Click on or Draw the line to extend to.

The only weird item is what will be "adjusted" when it is shrinking since AC will automatically keep the longest side.

BTW the times you see the mouse moving erratically is that I have a shortcut defined for Adjust so I am not used to going to the menu to select it. that is the same reason why there are some times when I click on an object without using the menu (the mouse icon looks like a Mercedes symbol).

Adjust.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon

IN this case there are lines that are being extended and shortened and an example of the Split command…

And there is a bug there when some of the short ones disappear.

Adjust 02.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

In addition to what @Eduardo Rolon expained here's the (Adjust & Split) Archicad help:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76399/

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Learn and get certified!