BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to set priorities for walls and slabs finishings?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new at archicad and i'm currently working on a working drawing. The problem i have is when i try to create section drawings. I want the floor finish (the wood floor and insulation) to be cut through and the brick walls to touch the structural concrete of the slab (shown in the image. i want the slab to form like the red line around walls that meet them). But i can't set the priorities through Element Attributes > Composite. I tried setting the priorities of the wood floor and insulation to 2, the structural slab to 15, and the walls to 12. But it doesnt seem to make any difference. Anyone knows how to do this? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Walls and Slabs do not interract in this way!
Model structural and finish slabs on each own Layers as 2 separate elements.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i know, they're different elements. but walls could interact with beams with priorities settings, and also collums. I guess it should also interact with slabs. I think if this is how graphisoft made it, they made a serious mistake. Meanwhile, I've found out that walls and slabs couldn't interact the way walls do with other elements from this post:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=33003&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&s...

turns out you would have to use SOE to achieve this, and my partner also found that you could also simply use right click > Bring to Front on the walls. This works on his pc computer but not on my mac.
Learn and get certified!