cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to setup paperspace in archicad for printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just completed my first set of drawings in archicad (i used to use autocad) and now i need to setup all my drawings for printing. They are currently in model space and i need to seperate each of my levels and elevations on different sheets to print and ive never done it before using this program. Can anyone help me with this?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you take a look to the Reference Manual? (search for words "Project Map, View Map, Saving a View, Layout Book").

In short, you do this:
In "Project Map" (plan, section, elevation, 3D) select elements that you want to see (Layers, Layer Combinations, Fills On/Off), set the right Scale, then press right button and select "Save View and Place on Layout". This saves the current View of the model in the "View Map" and place that View on last used layout in
"Layout Book". This Layout you can now Print on paper.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andro's reply is the way to go, here's the why:

This post is terrific. There are a few humorous responses, so focus on Mats Knutsson's image "democoncept.jpg"

What is so great about this image is that it sums up the correct order of the work-flow. When I saw this graphic, it was something "I sorta knew", but didn't have the clarity that this image delivers.

Snap